Joy Paediatric Therapy Services respects your privacy. The following policy demonstrates our firm commitment to privacy.
What information is collected?
- Personal information such as your name, your partner’s name, your child’s name and date of birth, address, phone number/s, email address
- Health / Diagnostic information such as doctor’s letters and reports
- Case History information such as your child’s developmental history, previous and current therapy, etc
- Your signature on consent forms and intervention plans
- Progress notes, photographs, video.
Why do we need to collect information about you, and how will the information be used?
Joy Paediatric Therapy Services (Joy Therapy) needs to collect information about you for the primary purpose of providing quality treatment. In order to fully assess, diagnose and treat you, we need to collect some personal information from you. This information will also be used for the administrative purposes of running the practice such as billing you / your insurer or compensation agency / or NDIS (if applicable). If you receive funding from NDIS, specific information may need to be collected from you to fulfill NDIS reporting requirements.
When might information need to be shared with other people?
All therapists at ‘Joy Therapy’ are practicing members of Speech Pathology Australia or AHPRA and abide by their Code of Ethics. Under the Code of Ethics, ‘Joy Therapy’ treats as confidential all information handled in the course of professional services. ‘Joy Therapy’ will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. This means it will only be disclosed if:
- ‘Joy Therapy’ clients consent to this;
- the law requires ‘Joy Therapy’ to disclose it; or
- It is otherwise permitted under the Act.
‘Joy Therapy’ may disclose information regarding diagnosis or treatment to your child’s doctor, teachers or other treatment providers (Occupational Therapists, Paediatricians etc) only with your consent. In the case of insurance or compensation claims, it may be necessary to disclose information and/or collect information that affects your treatment.
How is your information stored?
Any concerns that you may have about this policy can be directed to Janelle Curry on (03) 5976 2570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To get in touch with us please fill in the form or feel free to call us on
PO Box 3467 Mornington Vic 3931
We are here to answer any questions you have regarding speech pathology and occupational therapy for your child. We will get in touch with you within 24 hours of your enquiry.